Friday, September 11, 2009

Yes, I do have a job here too!

Just incase you were thinking that I've come here to do a job and happen to spend all my time on the internet just remember a few things: most of these posts I write at home, on my laptop. Unluck you lucky duckies, I have television, no friends, no commitments, no malls to shop at and no 45 minute commute to work. But before you feel sorry for me - I also have the most beautiful view of banana trees and valleys (see house post) and a killer job. Work doesn't really start work until Monday and then it starts in earnest. A planning meeting Monday and school visits and workshops Tuesday through Saturday. Today I attended the head teacher meeting and introduced myself to everyone. Of course, after my short and slow speech in English came the typical Rwandan question (next to "Have you been saved?") which was "Are you married?" Ugh. I did spend some time at the office and then had to try to access my bank account which was unsuccessful because the bank was closed. Why? Oh...the "network" is down. When will they open? They were supposed to open at 2pm but it didn't. Maybe tomorrow....maybe Monday....MAYBE I need some money to buy food at the market on Saturday!! Today I had some more furniture delivered so will spend the night at my house, re-organizing (as you know I have SOOOOO much stuff), reading and may watch a DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment