Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wireless is a volunteer's best friend!

I am at a BEAUTIFUL hotel called Chez Lando and they have wireless. A bunch of us decided to hop on motos (motorcycles) and come up. Driving was fun and much less scary than Peru - maybe because it's a law here to where a helmet. Of course, it was much too big so I had one hand holding on to the seat behind (it's a big No No to hold onto the driver) and one hand to keep my helmet on. But, being here gives me a chance to upload pictures fast and furiously. No sitting in stinky internet cafes. I think it's worth saving my pennies and coming here occasionally. I've taken the "comments" part out of the blog because I wasn't reading them but I'd certainly love to hear from you all. Just send me an email to my yahoo account or to my facebook. Miss you all!


VSO Rwanda office. 

Kigali street near our guest house. 

The bus stop to get to mumuji (in town) just below the internet cafe

Learning how to use our water filter (silver thing), kerosene stoves (green) and lamps (blue). Electric stoves are impractical as power cuts are frequent and electricity can be expensive.

Playing BINGO Kinyarwanda style at the pub.

Practicing our numbers is so much more fun with beer!

Visit to "register" at the Canadian embassy. No need to go - all travellers and ex-pats can register online. So, the visit was a waste but at least I got to see a smiling picture of Harper - I miss that SO much!

Putting on the totally ineffective helmet. 

Connecting with friends and family at Chez Lando. 

No comments:

Post a Comment