Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thank goodness for good internet cafes!

I am at a FAST internet cafe! And one that does not smell of the combination of dead mouse and rotting feet. It's so nice to be here and my pictures actually uploaded. More to come! Now that I know where to go for a fast download. I haven't brought my large camera out yet but will when I'm in my town. Kigali has been wonderful. I'm learning Kinyarwanda every day and have learned so much about the culture. It's nice to be in a city to start with though because everythign we need is here. I leave for Kibungo next Wednesday. Tomorrow we go to the Genocide Memorial which I'm not looking forward to but is important to understand what happened. Overall, things are great. The volunteers are fantastic, I'm speaking and listening to more French, eating goat, killing spiders and generally enjoying every moment. Longer descriptions of my days are on here too if you're up for it. Or if you need a distraction from work!! Seriously, teacher friends, get the kids colouring maps and now that you have internet in your classroom, you can totally read it! Just kidding Mike! :) Baggage tags Kigali. I was aloud 55 lbs but had 60 lbs. Thankfully everything arrived!
My training binder and VSO ID. I'll also have a working visa and a residence card (so I don't have to carry my passport and so that I can get a discount for gorilla trekking!)

Outside our guest house. Notice the fence....


Practicing Kinyarwanda after dinner.




Flash cards! Muramoke: means "good evening" and Si nitwa Mzungu means: I'm not a Mzungu (white person)




No comments:

Post a Comment