Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pictures of my beautiful abode!

Living Room with our landlords furniture. The couches don't have feels and are lovely to sit on Sunday mornings when you hear the sounds of music outside.
Our kitchen. Note keronsene stove to the bottom left, jerry can on the right. We recently modernized with a Canadian flag to cover the holes and another shelf. Woo hoo.
The front of our house, which is hidden from the street by a gate. My room is the far one on the right.
The back.
The view out ourliving room to our front yard. Note large gate.
My room. I've added a Rwandan basket for my trash. The candle burning is great for trapping bugs. I found a dead one in it recently.
Note the lovely imported mosquito net (made in China, not impregnated...) but it keeps the bugs out. Note the teleophone on the floor by my bed. Don't know why it is there. There is not dial tone. But Tina did tell me that it ran once last year.
The bathroom. Beautiful view outside makes up for lack of decor inside. Note jerry can and bucket full of emergency water.
Our backyard. Yes, those are banana trees out there.
More of our backyard. The buildings are a traditional African kitchen and where we put our trash. I stay away from it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment