Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Faux Pas

NB: I have written a lot on my first reflections of Kibungo in the next post.


Tina had warned me that the guard would try to show me how good he was at his job by sweeping the yard clean at 5:30 am. At 5:30 sharp, as if right on cue, I heard the sweep, sweep, sweep of his broom. That was okay because I had been drifting in and out of sleep for the past hour. I had to go to the bathroom but kept remembering Tina’s story of the tarantula and wanted to wait. But I got a great phone call from Aimey to see how my first night in Kibungo was. I got a little homesick but then wandered out to have breakfast with Danny and Tina. I got ready for work this morning in the bright sunshine but on my walk up the hill realized I was about to make my first faux pas. I was wearing brown sandals with grey pants! Uh oh. What will my new collegues think of me?

No comments:

Post a Comment