Thursday, December 17, 2009

Merry Christmas to all...

This is my last entry before I hope on a bus in Kigali and hop off 30 FREAKING HOURS LATER in Dar Es Salaam. We then will take a ferry to the exotic and tropical Zanzibar Island.  So excited… Of course I’m doubly excited because wearing a bathing suit is going to be awesome with my newly acquired bed bug bites…and this time, it’s not a suspicious. I saw the little bugger that did this to me. I “bopped” my bed and hope that deals with it.  Now with that out of the way….

I wanted to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. I am giving my computer a holiday and may not have regular or great internet access. I think we all deserve a break from the blog to spend time with our friends and families.... I’ve been slowly opening Christmas gifts that have been sent. Mmmmm Almond Rocca. So good! I also got Uno from Aimey this morning. We played Uno non-stop in Peru and Bolivia this summer. We loved it so much that we even joked that, because we were in South America, it would be great if we could get Dos. Ha ha…Get it? Spanish? And then, sure as I’m typing to you right now, we found Dos at a street vendor stall! And for less than a Starbucks coffee. What a deal! Of course, we opened it and found that it was a dud. Not only were there no words but I’m pretty sure it was just a pirated copy of Uno….

We loved playing it so much we even found this Bolivian tourist attraction. You’ve heard of the huge Easter egg in Vegerville? Well….this was even better….Thanks for the Uno Aimey! And Merry Christmas everyone.



2 comments:

  1. Enjoy Zanzibar - Merry Christmas - We'll miss you, but I'm sure you'll never forget Christmas in Zanzibar.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete