Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 4: Wedding in Placentia!

We said good-bye to Wanda today. She runs the Oceanview in Placentia. If you want a relaxing, sea side, ocean view get away - go there. Sure, it's not the Hilton, but the manager is a friendly Newfie who is as sharp witted as she is hard to understand. If you don't want relaxing, serenity, go to Harold's! Apparently they stay up after weddings and party until the sun comes up! But, I guess that's what we're supposed to do after a great wedding! 

Julie and Joey are married and it was as great party. Julie is pretty special for agreeing of "her own free will" to join this crazy family. But she's great a fits right in. They are a great couple and I wish them all the best. The one thing that struck me about Julie right away is her passion for her job. She's a teacher and you can tell that she loves it.

Day 3 Jaime and I had a long breakfast at Belle's and wondered the length of Placentia about 3 or 4 times to get some fresh, sea air, and our heart rates up.  There is a lovely board walk along the water where I tried to snap a few pictures.








Day 4 was the wedding day. We lazed around, and got ready. The wedding wasn't until 4 so we ate a late breakfast and then made our way to the church. Of course, my camera died during the ceremony!






The couple was great and the company was fabulous!



The reception saw some typical "MacEachern Reunion" type shots and went until the wee hours of the morning.
Jaime and Aunty "M" bonding.


The outlaws doing a "Mary."

Brothers and sisters laughing together.

Cigars on the patio!

Singing "For the Love of a Girl" for the bride

Singing to either "Whispering Pines", "Out on the Mira" or "Farewell to Nova Scotia"


All and all, it was a great weekend!! I've realized, once again, how great my family is and how important they are to me. I'm so happy that I got to see them once more before I head to Africa. These are memories I will keep for a very, very long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment