Thursday, July 16, 2009

Anna's Suitcase Goes to Lima


You might remember the A-Team from back in the day. You know...Mr. T, Murdock, Hannibal and the van that drove way faster and cooler than any of our parents drove in their vans. You know what I'm talking about. At least I think there was a van. Anyway, that's not the A-Team that I'm talking about when I tell you that the A-Team is about to embark on a great adventure! In actual fact there are three members of the A-Team: Me, Aimey and Ang. 




Only two of us are going to Peru (Aimey and I) and Ang is heading off to Bali with her husband. We all leave tomorrow morning. So, I sit hear while Aimey keeps cleaning her house (ha ha!!!....actually we both cleaned so that it's nice when we get back) and thought I'd give you a quick "hello" and "will write when I get to an internet cafe somewhere" before we go. Our plans are vague at this point but we have some goals in mind: Inca Trail and Machhu Picchu, the Amazon, Lake Titicaca, World's Most Dangerous Road and the Southwest Circuit in Bolivia. What our adventure will actually look like is yet to be seen. We do have an invitation by a VSO volunteer in Lima for lunch on Saturday and a "field -trip" to a youth centre in one of the poorer neighbourhoods in the capital. 

So for now.....a picture of a previous adventure. It was a snowshoe hike which began with to sentence "I dare you to jump off that bridge." Don't Aimey and I often ask are students a question about friends and jumping off bridges? I guess we know what our answer would be! Keep posted for more stories!







No comments:

Post a Comment