Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 2: Newfoundland




It is so serene and so peaceful here......(this is the view from my room)

It sort of feels like when I was in Iceland.... (this was the view from my house then)
And then I SET OFF THE SMOKE DETECTOR!!!!! I was only making toast....



No problem, I thought....if there is a fire, just turn on the tap and shoot water in the direction of the smoke. And then I had a shower. I think "water pressure" would be a gross exageration. There as a light sprinkle - sort of like a spring shower while the sun is still shining. Not quite enough to rinse all the conditioner out of my hair, let alone put out a fire. Oh well, it's still beautiful and relaxing in Placentia! It's in the southeast corner of Newfoundland. Just west of St. John's. You might be able to click on the image to enlarge it. 

St. John's was great. My room was upgraded because of a mix up (I think) and my parents arrived earlier to get me out of a dorm and into this comfy room. I think Cousin Jaime will join me next Sunday when I come back. We'll "do George Street" and recover in this little sanctuary with our bacon sandwiches....

I also had the chance to drive by the house that my grandparents first lived in when they were married. It apparently looks the same as it did then.



 I'm heading out today to do some touristy things with my cousin Jaime. Most of the family got in last night. We sat around the dining room of Harold Hotel drinking and laughing. Everyone else should be getting in tonight at somepoint. For now, though, I'll see if we can "do Placentia". Not sure what there is to do here. We'll find out soon!!!  In the mean time, I'll leave you with some pictures of beautiful St. John's, Newfounland.


















No comments:

Post a Comment