Friday, February 26, 2010

What will you be doing four weeks from today? Me? I’ll be somewhere flying over Saskatchewan (which, with risk of offending a few of you, is the only way I ever plan on seeing Saskatchewan). I’m going home for a few weeks and it doesn’t even seem real. I’m happy to be doing it, though. I can test the waters of my Canadian life (and by waters I refer to warm water that comes out of a tap. I’ve heard that happens there…) without really needing to get back into things. I’ve almost hit the half way point of this little journey and when I looked in the mirror today, I realize that I’ve changed.  My hair is almost at my shoulder blades! Now, I know that when people said I would change, they didn’t have that in mind. But I sort of took it to be symbolic. It just seemed to happen over night. Where was I? When did I go from “just above the shoulder” to this? When did I blink? Why didn’t I notice? Now that it’s been six months, I suppose it’s all down hill. And I suppose that I’ll be noticing more and more how I have changed without even noticing. Mmmm…

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anna!

    So I checked out your Facebook profile when FB kindly told me it was your birthday---and I vaguely remembered some posts from you a while back indicating you were abroad---but then I saw the link for your blog and WOWZERS!

    I had no idea you were on such an odyssey! Good for you! I feel proud---even though we were never super close friends---I feel like I know you cuz of Jessie (and I still smile when I think about that day we bonded over the Saturday Morning Cartoons CD).

    I will be checking up on you more often now, as I have to admit---you're pretty inspirational.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna Happy belated birthday. Sure is a different way to turn 31. All the best!! Katie is still in Tanzania-- coming home on March 15th. Here is a phone # if on the outside chance you can call. 0773 798081. Don't know the country code. Hope you can come east after all the travels. love Aunt Dominica

    ReplyDelete