Thursday, February 18, 2010

Muzingira: Girls vs. Boys

The sun shone all day today as I went out to visit Muzingira. I observed lessons and the afternoon resource building workshop turned into a battle of the sexes!


I observed a math lesson on equal and not equal sets using sweet potatoes and tomatoes.
Now the student gets to try.
A sample of two equal sets. 
This baby goat found it's way on the yard. This one is for you, Tina!
P2 class. 
Chantal is so enthusiastic and full of energy. I even caught her singing "Who Stole the Cookie From the Cookie Jar?" with her class! 

The girls hard at work....
....and the finished product.
The boys give it a shot (and with an audience!)
One of their own left so I stood in for him. Who was the winner? (I could be cheesy and say "the students" one but CLEARLY...it was the ladies!)

No comments:

Post a Comment