Monday, November 2, 2009

Mirror, mirror on the wall

So, I'm in Kigali right now for In Country Training 2. This is part deux of the training for new volunteers. We are staying at a hotel called Le Bambou. Guess what the furniture is made of? Here's the best part though.....

In the washroom there is a mirror. And ACTUAL mirror that I can see my clothes in. That was exciting. Then, I turned on the tap in the shower and water came out that was.....hot! Hot, my friends, hot!! Like as in more than warm. And there's a proper shower head. (Still no shower curtain and the shower head is at shoulder height -- but beggars will never be choosers in Rwanda). So, I decided to have a shower. It stayed for at least 15  glorious minutes. I think this is the first things that resembles a Canadian shower that I've had since I left. It's definitely the first hot shower I've had in two months. You know, you'd think I'd be more conservative with my water usage but this was just too good to do quickly. The sad thing was, though, that when I got out of the shower the mirror had disappeared. Vanished! Gone! I could no longer see my reflection........

.......The steam from the HOT WATER was so much that the mirror fogged up!!!!!! Oh my God, I think I'm in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment