Saturday, August 14, 2010

Photos: Coming back to Kibungo


Coming back to Kibungo after travelling felt a bit like home. Here are a few highlights....

So, after having returned from dusty, dirty busses in East Africa and having said my farewell to Julie, we realized that we were short on clean clothes. So, I thought I'd give my hand at doing something I haven't had to do since arriving here (if you don't count the time I had bed bugs....). I washed my clothes, Rwandan Style! I must say, I think I did a good job by have a new appreciation for Julie and my washing machine at home!

Painted trees that welcomed Paul Kagame a few days earlier
Across the street and just before the "rond point" (round-about) that leads to Kibungo town
The new gas station officially opened while we were away
Arriving home to no electricity but, like it always does, it came back on just in time for the sun to go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment