Tuesday, August 17, 2010

From Kigali with Love

And so.....here is ends. (So dramatic, I know) I am at the Kigali International Airport and we're about to board the flight to Brussels. Hard to believe that the adventure that began over a year ago with an email to CUSO-VSO is ending here. I guess it's not really ending....after all there are still emails coming in from potential volunteers, there's the Returning Volunteers weekend, there are the countless friends I've met and skills I've learned and there is the rest of my teaching career to bore students with stories of "Well, when I was in Rwanda...." But I am leaving Rwanda and it's with sadness that I do so. I was nervous and scared when I made the decision to come but I have come to love this land of rolling hills, banana trees and smiling faces. This is my last post from the Land of a Thousand Hills. When next we meet, I'll be writing from the comfort of my living room drinking a cup of Rwandan coffee and contemplating the last 12 months. See you soon, Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment