Sunday, June 27, 2010

Photos: TTC Zaza June 14 and 15

Arriving on Day 2: Mary, Damien, Me, Jason, Innocent
Assembly in the morning
In an effort to have a model lesson with new content, we decided to teach about the provinces of Canada. Here is me with a map asking students what they think it is. The look on my face might have been in response to one answer. "Is it a map of America?"
NO! It's Canada...
...and I'm from Alberta
Now you try and fill in the provinces.
I taught them the game "Molecules" that I learned from Paula.
They loved it!
Showing them how to use K-W-L to introduce a new topic.
Coming back from lunch. And yes, I use my rain cover everywhere, every time. Other wise my bag would be red with dirt.
The beginning of teaching about visual aids. I have them put their name cards on the wall and look at them from a distance. Because the concept is so new to Rwanda, many teachers don't realize that sometimes a child simply can't read what's written because it's too small or too untidy.
Jeremy showing the gang what a rice sack is.
Attempting sealing the rice sack with a candle for the first time.
And their off!
Finished products
And more
And more...and Jason
And another....what IS so funny?
Can't leave without taking a photo. Can you see us? Sort of like Where's Waldo, eh?
Nope. It's not a tan.
Just a 45 minute moto ride in the dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment