Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Let me set the stage for you....

In my room there are boxes and things EVERYWHERE. I have box or two for my parents, one for storage, one for Aimey, and one for the trash. I have stuff all over the place and it got too much for me so I decided to do something productive: check the internet to what the weather will be like in Kigali on Saturday (+27 for those interested!). I've read about Ted Kennedy and the amount of sugar we eat and a fire in Calgary last night. Then I realized that my favourite (read: only) eye liner is too small to last me though the year and I can only get it in the city and I don't have a car. So I panicked. What on earth will I do in Africa without eyeliner? The funny/ridiculous thing is that I hardly ever where eyeliner and have probably had that pencil for well over a year. Honestly, Anna! Get a grip. Last night I got together with some good friends to say "goodbye". I held myself together but did have a few tears on the drive home. I have such good friends and I will miss a lot in Calgary. I realized that a lot can happen in a year and I will be so far away as it does. I will miss at least 9 or 10 book swaps! This is a pretty big thing for me and I suppose the longer I type, the longer I procrastinate. My suitcase won't pack itself, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment