Saturday, August 22, 2009

Let me make myself clear

As far as I know, Zebras are not native to Bolivia. Llamas, yes. Alpacas, yes. Stray dogs, OH YES! As per a few questions, there aren't real zebras. The issue in La Paz is that traffic is insane. The lines on the road mean very little. Horns are the main method of communication. And drivers have an amazing ability to avoid hitting pedestrians. Perhaps that is the Bolivian sixth sense. Drivers, though, don't pay attention to traffic lights, nor do they listen to the traffic police. As a result, the La Paz government decided to get 16 and 17 year olds to dress up like zebras (I kid you not!) in an attempt to get the drivers to pay attention. After all, why wouldn't you pay attention to a zebra? In all honesty, I didn't see one zebra direct one car, but they were there, marching to their post! So, just as a point of clarification, the zebras aren't real!

We are back on Canadian soil now and I will write a final wrap up soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment