Tuesday, June 2, 2009

And here I thought there are no spiders in Africa...

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm terrified of spiders. I was chased around my junior high school, tormented by my brothers and terrified of my basement apartment in Garneau. I believe I have come leaps and bounds since those days (I recall teaching a grade 9 class when a giant wolf spider dropped down outside the window one day. The kids screamed, I screamed and as the chaos ensued and we scrambled to close the curtains, my principal walked in for a visit!) the little guys still make my heart race a little bit - okay, they make my heart race a lot.  And Tina sent me an email saying that she's so used to spiders she just flicks them out of her bed instead of freaking out. And I read another blog which talked about the size of the spiders. Okay, okay...I know this shouldn't be my biggest worry but it is. I'll manage. I'll have to!

On another note, I'm all moved out of Calgary and into Airdrie and am enjoying a huge walk in closet and, for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE, an ensuite bathroom. Yup, that's right folks. I'm living in the lap of luxury. Of course, the move did not come without it's casualities - namely Aimey's wall. Apparently her condo was not designed to move in a queen sized mattress. Now there is a beautiful hole to prove that either the construction workers are bad at math, or we are bad at physics. Hmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment