Thursday, May 21, 2009

Now that the fleas are gone...

So, I'm sitting at my parents house to use their Internet and get a few things done. I thought I'd come by this afternoon watch their mega-huge t.v. (with a bazillion channels), update the blog and do some banking. I had a dentist appointment in the area and so it is pretty convenient. But I don't know how to work my parent's television. My mom texts and my dad knows how to use PVR. What is the world coming to? And more to the point, how will they survive in Rwanda when they come to visit?

I have had a great few emails the past days from Tina who is working in Kibungo as a teacher trainer also. Actually, it is her whom I will be replacing in August but she has asked to extend her placement until December. So, essentially there will be two of us doing the same job which is great. She can show me the ropes and I'll feel less alone. It looks like she'll also be my roommate for the first while. Her emails were so informative. Actually, I think a little too informative! I heard all about rats in the kitchen and tarantulas in the bathroom and "now that the fleas are gone, you can sit of the sofa!" My thinking is that it can't be worse that pine beetles and silverfish in Lethbridge but as you all know, I am scared of spiders. I guess I have no choice but to get over it. Anyway, Tina's blog is posted on this blog so have a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment